Pulse 360

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Doing Larry King

Well not “doing” in the frisky sense.

I'm so pleased to have that image in my head.

No what I meant was just vomiting out a string of poorly punctuated free association. Well, not vomiting ... too late, that filly is out of the chute.

My salute to the Kingster will take the form of an enumerated list:

  1. Was Ted Kennedy the Michael Jackson of politics, or was Michael Jackson the Ted Kennedy of pop?
  2. For a few hours I thought Farrah was robbed, then I realized that Michael saved us from weeks of Alana Stewart and Ryan O’Neal.
  3. Please somebody; anybody beat Roger Federer in the Open! Even Tiger Woods has the grace to lose occasionally.
  4. Is there a statute of limitations on the “youthful,” when candidates for public office are distancing themselves from “youthful indiscretions”? “Maybe I did write that stuff about the Jews in my thesis at Hermann Goring U., but don’t judge me on a youthful indiscretion judge me on the arc of my public career. I haven’t desecrated a synagogue in over 20 years!”
  5. And since when was 34 youthful?
  6. It’s easy to say $20,000 for a kidney is a bad thing when you have a job!
  7. Whatever became of Barack Obama?
  8. And how painful were the past six months for anyone who supported him before June 7, 2008?
  9. Or were all those giddy campaign rallies just a string of youthful indiscretions?
  10. Where is the Body Magic for men? We’re every bit as tired of diet and exercise.
  11. Why is it easier to get sprung if you're a member of the Manson family than to get justice if you're a member of the Norfolk 4 or the Jena 6?
  12. Are the Yankees on top of the AFC East? Do they currently have the best record in baseball? This is what is meant by the natural order of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment